Digital Leaders – Year 7, 8, 9 and 12
- Do you have an interest in mobile technologies?
- Are you interested in how iPads can help with teaching and learning?
- Do you like looking at exploring new Apps and new software?
- Do you like showing people new ideas and new ways of working?
- Do you like helping people and solving problems?
- Can you work with both teachers and pupils?
If the answer to all of the above is YES, you need to apply to be a Digital Leader!
Digital Leaders will have a very important role in making sure that St Cyres iPad scheme is a success. We are looking for 2 pupils from Year 7, 2 pupils from Year 8 and 2 pupils in Year 9 to help support staff and pupils in their use of iPads and new technology in our new school.
There are lots of ways that Digital Leaders can help teachers and pupils and you may well have some ideas of your own which we would like to hear about. Some of our ideas might include:
- a ‘Mini Genius Bar’ which might be held at lunchtimes or after school where people can come to you with their IT problems.
- working with teachers to explore the best ways of using iPads and AppleTV in lessons.
- helping teachers create exciting and media-rich resources for lessons.
- helping our IT Support team by solving basic IT problems in classrooms.
- helping other pupils to use their iPad more effectively to learn.
- looking at new Apps and recommending Apps to pupils and to teachers.
If you are excited about the possibilities that IT can bring to St Cyres and want to be a part of the success of it, we want to hear from you.
In order to apply to become a Digital Leader you need to produce a 2 minute video* introducing yourself and outlining your vision and ideas for this role. Your video will be judged by the Staff Digital Leaders panel and the best applicants will be chosen to be Digital Leaders for St Cyres School. Videos must be submitted to Mr Lewis by Friday 2nd October 2014.
*Basic filming equipment is available from the IT Department if required.