The course you will be studying is the WJEC A Level Mathematics, the link to the specification is here. Why study A Level Mathematics:
- Develops your understanding of mathematics and mathematical processes and your ability to reason logically and to recognise incorrect reasoning.
- You will construct mathematical proofs and extend your range of mathematical skills and techniques for use in more difficult unstructured problems.
- You’ll also develop an understanding of coherence and progression in mathematics and of how different areas of mathematics can be connected.
- Leads to a versatile qualification that is respected by employers and further education.
- Excellent preparation for University and supports the study of your other A Level choices.
- Develops key employability skills such as, logical reasoning, problem-solving and communication.
To support your learning through the A Level course you can use these websites for videos, TLMaths and FMSPW. We also provide support every Wednesday after school for an hour. Please see the resources below for past papers and topic booklets: