Young Carers at St Cyres School
A Young Carer is a child under 18 who regularly helps to look after a family member or friend who is disabled, ill, has a mental health condition or addiction problem.
Children may engage in:
- Practical tasks (cooking, housework and shopping)
- Physical care (lifting or helping someone use the stairs)
- Personal care (dressing, washing, helping with toilet needs)
- Managing the family budget (collecting benefits)
- Managing medication and prescriptions
- Looking after younger siblings
- Helping someone communicate
- Information on Managing Medicines
- Information on Knowing Your Rights
St Cyres School can support young carers. If you, or a family member, needs support please contact Ms Hirani. I can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or you are welcome to speak to me in person. All contact will be treated in the strictest confidence. There is a noticeboard outside the Hub with more information.